Undiagnosed sleep apnea in Westlake Village can cause a number of health problems that stem from a poor quality of sleep. If you’re waking unrefreshed, even after spending 7-9 hours in bed, it may be due to a severe sleep problem termed sleep apnea. Determining whether your sleep issues are caused by sleep apnea begins with a simple phone call to TMJ & Sleep Therapy Centre; schedule a sleep assessment with our team of specialists to ensure a correct diagnosis of your condition is made so that treatment will be effective.
5 Indicative Symptoms of Sleep Apnea
1. Excessive daytime sleepiness is a major symptom of sleep apnea; however many doctors fail in finding out the real cause of unrefreshed sleep. What you should know about sleep apnea is that most general practice doctors attribute many of sleep apnea’s symptoms to other common medical conditions. For this reason, it’s important that you take matters into your own hands if you feel you may be suffering from sleep apnea.
2. Sleep anpea snoring is another notable indicator that somethingis not right with your breathing during sleep. Many patients avoid seeing a doctor because they fear having to wear a CPAP machine throughout the night; however, there are alternatives for CPAP intolerant patients who need obstructive sleep apnea treatment. Find out more about these sleep apnea appliances when you get in touch with TMJ & Sleep Therapy Centre.
3. If you awake more than once each week with morning headaches, it may be caused by a lack of oxygen to the brain during sleep. As breathing is interrupted throughout the night, you may not be getting the oxygen you need- headaches are a warning sign that treatment for your condition is needed. Contact TMJ & Sleep Therapy Centre regarding treatment for sleep apnea in Westlake Village.
4. Do you notice a difficulty concentrating during the day? A lack of sleep will cause the body to try and correct for missed sleeptime. A safe approach to dealing with this symptom is to first determine whether your sleep is being interrupted in some way. Take our free sleep quiz as the first step in finding an effective treatment for your sleep issues.
5. Insomnia is a problem for millions of Americans; many are unaware that their lack of sleep is caused by sleep apnea. A less-than-enjoyable sleep cycle is enough to make anyone fearful about going to bed at night. There is real hope for patients living with sleep apnea- safe treatments that will allow you to experience a better quality of sleep at night that will, in turn, lead to a better quality of life.
Contact our sleep specialists from TMJ & Sleep Therapy Centre to find out more about your condition and how you can get relief from sleep apnea in Westlake Village. We offer two sleep screening options:
- Overnight sleep assessment
- At-home sleep assessment
Schedule a consultation appointment with our team to find out how you can enjoy life to its fullest without the sleep problems you’re currently having. Reach us by phone at 805-496-5700.Sleep Apnea Westlake Village